South: Week 2: Andrew

AndrewSouth_thumbs Yeah so I was lazy and missed week one.  That’s why you see thumbnails over there on the left in week 2. 

I felt it was time to introduce a villain.  With our word this month being South I thought an officer from the Confederate Army was fitting.  But the thumbnails just weren’t flowing well.  They all felt static.  I was having trouble finding something to get excited about.  So, I decided to get a fresh start in Photoshop and begin again the way I would if it was something that had to be done in a hurry.  Black and white, pushing shapes around until something starts to feel right.  The image below on the left is the first thing to have that “right” feeling so I started to refine from there.  I liked how the brim of his hat hid his face, making him more mysterious but with the front of his uniform so obscured by his right arm I felt it would be smarter to switch to a more recognizably civil war era hat.
AndrewSouth_aAndrewSouth_bAndrewSouth_c

0 comments:

Post a Comment